Things you'll needIngredients
- Buttercream frosting
- Black cooking icing
- Fondant: brown, white, pink, light blue
- 6"x2" round cake pan
- Two grass frosting tips
- Decorating bags
Let's get started!
- Bake two cakes of choice using 6"x2" round pan.
- Bake triangle shaped sugar cookies for the ears.
- Tint 1/4 of the buttercream frosting brown and the remaining frosting a tan color.
- Level the cake layers.
- Place one cake layer on a cake board.
- Pipe a thin layer of frosting and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Flip the second cake and place the second layer on top.
- Place a grass piping tip on the tan frosting bag. Pipe "fur" all over the cake by pushing down the frosting then pulling up quickly.
- Place a grass piping tip on the brown frosting bag.
- Lay the triangle cookie flat. Pipe "fur" on top then let it set.
- Stick it on top of the cake then pipe more frosting on the sides of the ears.
Time to decorate!
- Make the shape of Grumpy Cat's face using brown fondant for the eye area and white fondant for the nose.
- Roll the light blue fondant for the eyes and cut two teardrop shapes. Remove the tip with a knife.
- Place the light blue fondant on the top of the brown fondant.
- Add a round pink fondant for the nose
- Place the whole face in the front of the cake.
- Pipe more eye details using the black icing.
- Pipe a line in the middle and a sad face for the mouth.
Written By Rosanna Pansino