Things you'll needIngredients
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups oil
- 12 eggs
- 4 boxes white cake mix
- 2 large boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1½ tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon black food coloring
- Red buttercream frosting
- White buttercream frosting
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Combine box cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Add egg whites, water and oil and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Dye half of the batter black and half red. Pour each batch of batter into a greased and lined pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pans and then freeze.
- Level off the tops cakes and then use a cookie cutter to cut each into 3 rings (PICTURE at 2:32). Nest the rings of red and black cake within one another to create a “target” pattern.
- Assemble the cakes with red buttercream to create a 4-layer cake, alternating black and red layers. Frost entire cake with red buttercream and then smooth.
Time to decorate!
- Roll out black fondant and cut out diamonds and place them at the bottom border of the cake. Place a white pearl in between and on top of each of each diamond (PICTURE at 5:05).
- Pipe a white beaded border along the bottom of the cake with a #12 tip.
- Roll out white fondant and cut out the shape of Harley Quinn’s collar (PICTURE at 5:57). Place it at the top of the cake in the center.
- Use the excess white fondant to cut out an eye mask. Roll out the black and red fondant for the jester hat and mask (PICTURE at 6:27).
- Use water and a brush to glue the fondant pieces together and then allow to set overnight.
- Once the hat and the mask have fully hardened, place them on top of the collar with the mask in front of the hat. Place white gum balls at each tip of the collar loops.
- TaDa! A Harley Quinn Cake is devilicious dessert draped in crazy!