Harry Potter Licorice Wands
Things you'll need
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch kosher salt
- ¾ cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons anise extract
- Chocolate brown color
- Pan spray
- Medium pot
- Candy thermometer
- 8 by 8 pan lined with parchment
- Rubber spatula
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment
Let’s get started!
- In a medium sauce pot, mix butter, sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature. Heat to 260ºF, stirring occasionally to make sure the sugar isn’t burning.
- Once the mixture reaches 260ºF, whisk in flour and anise quickly, as the flour will brown from the heat of the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a lined and sprayed 8 inch square cake pan.
- Chill for 20 minutes and then remove the licorice from pan. Use a knife to cut long thin triangles (PICTURE at 2:49).
Time to decorate!
- Twist the triangles into a wand shape and place back onto a lined cookie sheet (PICTURE at 2:59). Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- TaDa! Hufflepuff would approve of these delicious wands!