Things you'll needIngredients for the Butterbeer Cupcakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cream soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter extract
Ingredients for the ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 11 oz. butterscotch morsels
- Buttercream frosting:black, white
- Mini Oreos
- Sliced almonds
- Reese's Pieces
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Hand mixer
Let's get started!
Make the Butterbeer Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beating well in each addition.
- Add the vanilla and butter extract. Mix until well combined.
- On low speed, add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Slowly add in the buttermilk and cream soda.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fill the liners about 2/3 full. Bake for about 18 minutes.
Make the Butterscotch Ganache
- Fill a medium saucepan with an inch of water.
- Turn to medium high heat.
- Place glass bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Add the heavy cream and butterscotch morsels and stir until smooth.
- Let it cool slightly.
Time to decorate!
- Dip the top of the cupcakes into the ganache. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until the ganache sets.
- Scoop the frosting into decorating bags. Frost the top of the cupcakes using the vanilla frosting.
- Remove the top cookie of the oreos and place a Reese's pieces on top. Place on the cupcake for the eyes.
- For the nose, place an orange Reese's Pieces sideways in the middle.
- Place three slices of almonds on the top and bottom for the feathers.
- Use the chocolate icing to draw feathers on the cupcake.
Written By Rosanna Pansino