June 21, 2016
Hedgehog Cream Puffs
Things you'll needIngredients Cream puff
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cups butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 5 to 7 eggs
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Medium bowl
- Decorating bag
- Small saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Wooden skewer
- Chocolate vermicelli sprinkles
- Dark cocoa candy melts
- Decorating bags fitted with #1, #2A, & large open star tips
Let's get Started!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a sauce pan combine water, butter, salt and sugar over high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add flour and mix until a dough forms. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Transfer the dough to a large bowl and whisk with a hand mixer to cool the dough slightly.
- Mix in as many eggs as it takes for the dough to come back together.
- Fill a decorating bag with dough and squeeze 4 dabs onto the corners of a piece of parchment paper. Place the parchment in a baking tray.
- Fit a decorating bag with a large open star tip and fill it with dough. Pipe shells onto the baking sheet for the hedgehog bodies (PICTURE at 4:35) .
- Scoop dough into a decorating bag with a #2A tip and pipe a sphere on top of the shell (PICTURE at 4:40). Do this for rest of your hedgehogs.
- Bake at 400ºF for 15 minutes and then turn the heat to 350ºF and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Let the puffs cool completely.
- Prepare pudding refrigerate for 5 minutes. Scoop into decorating bags with tips cut off.
Time to decorate!
- Use a wooden skewer to poke a hole at the bottom (not through) of each puff.
- Dip the body in melted dark chocolate candy melts and then roll in vermicelli to decorate.
- Once the chocolate has set, pipe chocolate pudding into the holes.
- Use a #1 tip to pipe eyes and a nose onto each face with melted dark cocoa candy melts.
- TaDa! You can take these Hedgehog Cream Puffs to Infinity and Beyond!