Things you'll needMilk Bread Starter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
Honey Sage Butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 medium sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons honey
Milk Bread Dough
- 1 packet Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise® Instant Yeast
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm whole milk (120°-130°F)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon corn oil, for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Let's get started!
Milk Bread Starter:
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, milk and flour and whisk until well combined. Place over medium heat and whisk constantly until it thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, let it cool completely and set aside.
Honey Sage Butter:
- In another medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sage leaves and fry for 2-3 minutes until crispy, flipping half way through cooking.
- Remove from heat then drain the leaves on paper towels.
- Chop the leaves finely and set aside 1-1/2 teaspoons of leaves.
- Add the remaining leaves and honey to the melted butter and mix well.
- Transfer to a small bowl and cool completely.
Prepare the Bread Dough:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yeast, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the warm milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg, Milk Bread starter, 4 tablespoons of the Honey Sage Butter mixture, 1 tablespoon of honey and chopped sage. Mix well until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 3 minutes. The dough should be soft, but not too sticky.
- Cover with a clean cloth or place the dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest 5 minutes.
Make the Honey Sage Butter Rolls:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9" round pan.
- Divide the dough evenly into 10 pieces and roll into balls.
- Place the balls in the baking pan and brush the top with the melted butter.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush the top with the remaining honey sage butter.
Written By Rosanna Pansino