Things you'll needHot Cocoa Bombs
- 2 1/2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers (Ghirardelli)
- 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix (Swiss Miss)
- 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- White chocolate melting wafers (Ghirardelli), for decoration
- 3 cups hot milk
- Candy melt pot
- 2.5" half sphere mold
- Paint brush
- Small saucepan
- #2 piping tip
- Piping bags
- Cupcake liners
Let's get started!
- Place the chocolate melting wafers in the candy melt pot and melt until smooth.
- Pour about 1/2 a tablespoon of melted chocolate into the mold.
- Use the paintbrush to paint a thin layer of chocolate onto the sides of the mold.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Pour another 1/2 a tablespoon of chocolate in the mold and brush a second layer.
- Place back in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or until the shells pull away from the edges.
- Take half a sphere and add 1 tablespoon of cocoa mix in it.
- Add ¼ cup of mini marshmallows on top of the cocoa mix.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Take the other empty sphere and quickly place on the pan to melt the edges and quickly place it on top of the shell with the cocoa mixture.
- Pipe some chocolate on the seams if needed.
- Melt the white chocolate and scoop into a piping bag fitted with a #2 tip and drizzle on top of the sphere in a crisscross motion.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs in a mug with hot milk and stir to dissolve.
Written By Rosanna Pansino