How to make Twitter Tea
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 sticks of butter
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Cookie icing
- Royal blue food dye
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- Bird cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Plastic wrap
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg then mix well.
- Slowly add the flour until well incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- On a flat surface, sprinkle some flour and roll the dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Cut out shapes using the bird cookie cutter and then transfer it to the baking sheet.
- Using a knife, remove the piece of the tail.
- Cut out a small rectangle shape on the bottom of the bird then use a toothpick to remove the center.
- Place it in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-12 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Tint the royal icing blue. Place the icing in a piping bag.
- Using the icing, outline the cookie shape and fill it in.
- Sprinkle the blue sugar sprinkles on top. Let it set.
- Place the cookie on the rim of the cup. Best served with Royal English tea.
Written By Rosanna Pansino