Jurassic Park Amber Fossil Lollipops
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Food dye: orange and yellow
- 1/2 tsp orange flavoring
- 1 bag black licorice candy
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy thermometer
- Lollipop mold
- Non stick cooking spray
Let's get started!
- Take the black licorice and cut small pieces that resemble a bug.
- Grease the lollipop mold using the non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, add the corn syrup, water and sugar. Turn the heat to medium then whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the heat to medium-high then let it reach 300F.
- Remove from the heat then add the orange flavoring, one drop of orange and yellow food coloring. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Transfer the candy mixture to a cup with a spout for extra control.
- Pour the mixture into the mold. Add the licorice candy to half of the pops. Use a toothpick to press it down then add the lollipop stick. Let it set in room temperature.
- Pop out the lollipops, take the back part of the pop and use a little bit of water to stick them together and form a sphere. Repeat to the rest of the lollipops.
Written By Rosanna Pansino