Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Sea Salt - http://amzn.to/1v8mJvR
- Food coloring: green, blue
- Popsicle tray
- Wood popsicle sticks
- Hand mixer
Let's get started!
- In two large bowl, separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until it's light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar into the egg yolks bowl and beat together.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and bring to a boil, mixing constantly.
- Remove from the heat and pour the milk slowly into the egg yolk mixture. Mix together until well combined.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan and place over low heat, stirring slowly until it thickens like a custard.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the egg white bowl and mix on low speed.
- Add the sea salt according to taste.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to chill, about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Add 7 drops of blue food coloring and 1 drop of green. Mix until it is evenly combined.
- Transfer the popsicle mixture into a measuring cup with a pouring spout.
- Pour into the molds and place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Add the popsicle sticks and continue freezing until firm.
Written By Rosanna Pansino