Swoozie joins Rosanna Pansino to make lemon cupcake recipe topped with lightning bolt icing decoration from the Rosanna Pansino Baking Line. These Lightning Bolt Cupcakes are shockingly delicious!
Makes 14 to 16 cupcakes
Things you'll need
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cup self-rising flour
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Red cupcake liners
- Ice cream scoop
- White buttercream frosting in a decorating bag fitted with a #1A tip
- Ro’s lightning icing decorations
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add lemon zest and juice and beat well.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Once cupcakes have completely cooled, use a #1A tip to pipe a dome on top of each one.
- Place a lightning bolt lightning decoration on the center of each cupcake.
- TaDa! Hurry up and grab one of these Lighting Bolt Cupcakes cause they’ll be gone in a flash!