Things you'll needMaple Candy Pecans
- 1 3/4 cups raw pecan halves
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Maple Pecan Dough
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 packets Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast (4-½ teaspoons)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons softened butter
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped maple pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chipped maple pecans
- One 9x13 casserole dish
- Wooden spoon
- Unflavored dental floss
- Offset spatula
Let's get started!
- Grease and line the casserole pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together 2 cups of the flour, the yeast and salt.
- Combine the milk, butter and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture is between 125F° and 130F°.
- Add the warmed milk mixture and the egg to the dry mixture, stir with wooden spoon.
- Add 2 more cups of the flour, mix with the wooden spoon. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
- On a floured surface knead the dough with another 1/2 cup of flour. Knead until dough is smooth, soft and tacky (can add up to 1/2 a cup more flour).
- Let dough rest uncovered for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter and salt into a paste.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into a rectangle 22" x 13".
- Spread the filling over the dough evenly, leaving a half inch strip at the top edge without filling (the 22" side). Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over surface.
- Brush a small amount of water along the uncovered strip using your fingers.
- Roll up dough, then using dental floss cut into 12 even rolls.
- Place rolls into the prepared casserole dish. Cover it with a clean dish towel and let proof for 1 hour (until roughly doubled in size(.
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Bake rolls for about 30 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Icing: In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup, heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Once the rolls have cooled, drizzle icing over the top and sprinkle chopped pecans.
Written By Rosanna Pansino