Mario Kart 8 Koopa Shell Cake Pops
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 chocolate frosting
- Candy melts: white, blue, red, green
- Decorating icing: white, blue, red, green, black
- White fondant
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam blocks
- Three #2 piping tips
Let's get started!
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake the chocolate cake mix according to the box instructions. Let it cool completely.
- Crumble the cake in a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate frosting and mix together until it resembles a soft dough.
- Roll 1 1/2" balls and place it on the baking sheet.
- Place the cake balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Melt the white candy melts. Dip the tip of the lollipop stick and stick it through the cake pop ball.
- Transfer the white candy melts into a tall glass. Dip the cake pops in the candy melt and tap lightly to let the excess drip off then place it on the styrofoam block to set.
Time to decorate!
- Melt the red, blue and green candy melts.
- Dip half of the cake pop into the red candy melts then let it set. Repeat this step for the green and blue pops.
- Roll a thin tube using the white fondant.
- Wrap it around the cake pop where the two colors meet, lifting the sides to form a curve then connecting it at the back. Repeat with all the cake pops.
- Place a #2 piping tip on the icing tubes and pipe hexagons all over the shell. Repeat with all the cake pops.
- Use the black icing to fill in the curve shape on both sides.
- Flip the cake pops upside down and use the white icing to pipe four lines on the bottom of the shell. Repeat with all the cake pops
- For the blue cake pops, use the white fondant to roll small spikes and place it on top of the shell.
Written By Rosanna Pansino