Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Oil, for greasing your hands
- Food coloring gel (optional)
Let's get started!
- Pour the marshmallows into a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the water to evenly coat the marshmallows.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat this process two more times, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift 3 cups of the powdered sugar into a large bowl and make a hole in the center.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture onto the powdered sugar.
- Sift the rest of the powdered sugar on top of the marshmallows.
- Oil your hands to prevent the marshmallow from sticking to you. Knead in the sugar until you have the consistency of soft taffy and the fondant no longer sticks to your hands. If you are tinting the fondant, add food coloring now and knead until the color is fully incorporated. (Coat your hands with shortening so the colors don't stain them.)
- If you are not using the fondant right away, store it tightly wrapped or in a plastic bag at room temperature.
Written By Rosanna Pansino