Things you'll needIngredients
- 4 fresh peaches
- 1 box ready made pie crust
- 1/4 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Roll out dough and slice into strips that are ¼ to ½-inch wide.
- Wash peaches and then wrap them in the crust while they are still damp. Flip a peach upside down and wrap a small strip of dough around the tip of the peach (Picture at 1:45). Continue to wrap strips of dough all the way down the peach, making sure they overlap a little bit so it will look like a nest.
- Take a ball of excess dough, about the size of a grape, and shape it to look like the top of a nest (Picture at 2:06). Stick this at the very top to cover the exposed peach.
- Sprinkle some sugar all around the nest, lightly pressing it into the dough. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the nest.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for the rest of the peaches.
- Place your nests on a lined baking sheet and then bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream, melted butter, powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Once your hornets’ nests have baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. They should be cool enough to pick up, but still warm. Place each nest onto a serving plate.
- Use a spoon to drizzle honey sauce over each nest.
- TaDa! Your hornets’ nests are a delicious and super unique treat to serve up to your friends!