baking all year round · dairy free · easter · easter recipe · mini easter egg cupcakes · recipe · rosanna pansino · vegan chocolate cake · vegan cupcake ·
Mini Easter Egg Cupcakes
Things you'll needVegan Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Vegan buttercream
- Vegan green food coloring
- Vegan Jelly Beans (Brach's)
- #233 decorating tip
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a mini muffin tin with mini brown paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, granulated sugar, coconut sugar, and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vinegar, vanilla and water.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the wet mixture. Stir until no dry streaks of flour remain (do not overmix).
- Fill the paper liners two-thirds full with batter. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center of a cupcakes comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Time to decorate!
- Make the vegan buttercream frosting. Tint green and scoop into a decorating bag fitted with a #233 tip. Pipe grass to cover the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Place 3 jelly beans in the center of each cupcake.
Written By Rosanna Pansino