Things you'll needIngredients Mountain Dew Cupcakes
- Lemon cake mix
- Lemon Pudding
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups Mountain Dew
- Doritos (Nacho Cheese flavor)
Ingredients for the Mountain Dew frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp Mountain Dew
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Electric green food coloring
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Decorating bag
- Star tip
- Hand mixer
- Stand mixer
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a stand mixer, add the lemon cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mountain dew and mix together until well combined.
- Fill the cupcakes about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Make the frosting
- Zest the lemon in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combined the butter, cream cheese, mountain dew, vanilla extract, food coloring and the lemon zest.
- Mix together using the hand mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Scoop into a decorating bag fitted with a star tip.
Time to decorate!
- Pipe the cupcakes using the frosting.
- Crush some Doritos and place it in a small bowl.
- Add some crushed Doritos to the sides of the frosting.
- Place a whole Dorito chip in the middle of the cupcakes
Written By Rosanna Pansino