Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 1 ¼ tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid bouillon
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Turkey Bacon, 1 per bowl
- Quail eggs, 2 per bowl
- Large pot
- Medium Saucepan
Let's get started!
- In large pot, add the water, chicken stock and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Stir the rice then cover with a tilted lid and simmer on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until it thickens about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Once the rice has thickened, turn off the heat and remove the ginger.
- Add the rice wine, salt, liquid bouillon, sesame oil and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium pan, cook the turkey bacon over medium heat until lightly crisp. Place it on top of the rice porridge for the mouth.
- In a small pan, add a tablespoon of cooking oil and cook the quail eggs sunny side up over low heat. Place on top of the rice porridge for the eyes.
Written By Rosanna Pansino