Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 jar Maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup Vegetable shortening
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 egg whites
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Hand mixer
- 12-Mini muffin pan
- Mini muffin cupcake liners
Let's get started!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the egg whites one at a time beating well in each addition.
- Place your milk in a measuring cup and add the cherry syrup until it reaches 1 cup.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk into the wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry.
- Scoop the batter into decorating bags and fill the prepared liners.
- Bake at 350F for about 11 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Scoop the pink frosting in a piping bag fitted with a #10 tip and pipe swirls on top of the cupcakes.
- Add the pink sprinkles and add a cherry on top.
Written By Rosanna Pansino