Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Food coloring: red and green
- Variety of colored holiday sprinkles
- Baking pans
- Hand mixer
- Cookie press
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl, using the hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla and zest to the butter mixture, mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, mixing after each one.
- Split the dough into 3 bowls. Using food colors, dye one red, green and leave one plain.
- Load the dough into the cookie press with a shaped disk on the end. Press cookies onto a clean, unlined baking sheet.
Time to decorate!
- After pressing cookies, arrange sprinkles to make each one special.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Written By Rosanna Pansino