Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 cups flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons white food coloring
- Food coloring (pink, purple, blue, green, yellow and orange)
- 1 batch Swiss Buttercream Frosting
- White Fondant
- Food Coloring (brown and silver)
- Silve luster dust
- Vodka or lemon juice
- Three 6” cake pans (Ro Baking Line by Wilton)
- Take your fondant and shape it into a paintbrush.
- Add some line details using a sharp fondant tool or a toothpick.
- Stick three toothpicks on the "bristles" section and let it air dry for 24 hours or more.
- Once the paintbrush hardens, color the paintbrush handle by mixing vodka with some brown food coloring. Color the bristles using a light brown shade.
- Mix the silver luster with some vodka and paint the metal parts of the brush. Let it dry completely.
White Chocolate Glaze
- In a medium bowl, mix together the white chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Place in the microwave and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Mix in the light corn syrup.
- Add the white food coloring then add the color choice.
- Let it cool to room temperature before using.
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line and grease three 6” round cake pans.
- Whisk together the flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients until no streaks remain. Add the milk.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn out to a wire rack to cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Stack the cakes with a thin layer of buttercream frosting in between the layers.
- Cover the cake completely with more buttercream frosting and smooth with an offset spatula. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Stick the fondant paintbrush in the middle of the cake.
- Drizzle different colors of glaze on top of the cake and let it naturally drip on the edges.
Written By Rosanna Pansino