Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces white candy melts
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
Let's get started!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, dark cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture, and mix until combined.
- Add the ry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to be 1/4" thick. Transfer the dough to a sheet pan and let dough freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is frozen, cut out rounds with the 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place them an inch apart on a parchment lined half sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cook completely.
Time to Decorate!
- In a large bowl, melt the Candy melts in the microwave. Add the peppermint oil to the chocolate and mix until completely combined.
- Dip each cookie into the white chocolate using a fork. Place dipper cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Let cookies set completely at room temperature.
Written By Rosanna Pansino