June 23, 2018
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pineapple extract
- 5 to 6 cups oil for frying
- Yellow sanding sugar
- #825 piping tip
- Piping bag
Let's get started!
- Heat the oil to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the water and sugar, coconut oil. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add to the flour mixture. Add the pineapple extract.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together until well combined.
- Place the dough in a piping bag fitted with an #825 piping tip.
- Sprinkle the yellow sanding sugar on a plate.
- Pipe 8" churros into the frying oil and fry until golden brown.
- While it's still warm, roll the churros in the yellow sanding sugar.
Written By Rosanna Pansino