January 16, 2023
Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Hand mixer
- Pizzelle Press
Let's get started!
- Preheat a pizzelle waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl. using a hand mixer, beat the eggs on a medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- On a low speed, gradually add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the butter, vanilla and anise to the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of batter on each side of the pizzelle press, close press and cook about 2 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Let the pizzelles cool completely.
Time to Decorate!
- Dust finished cookies with powdered sugar.
Written By Rosanna Pansino