Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 tablespoons of meringue powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup water
- 3 drops brown food coloring
- Medium mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Baking tray lined with parchment
- Cutting board
- Decorating bags
- Meringue powder
- Non-stick cookie pan lined with parchment
- Royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with #1 tip
- #12 tip
- Candy eyeballs
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 200ºF
- Use a #2A decorating tip as a guide to trace circles onto parchment paper and then flip the parchment paper upside down onto the baking sheet.
- With a hand mixer, combine a pinch of salt, water, and meringue powder in a medium mixing bowl until it gets a little foamy. Gradually add vanilla extract and sugar into the mix and keep mixing until firm.
- Add a few drops of brown food coloring and coco powder and mix on low speed. Scoop meringue into a decorating bag fitted with a #12 tip.
- Use a dab of meringue on the underside of each corner of the parchment paper to keep it in place. Let the circles be guides as you use the #12 tip to create the poo shapes (PICTURE at 5:07).
- Bake for one hour, then turn the heat off and let them sit for an additional half hour while the oven cools down. After that, let them cool completely at room temperature.
Time to decorate!
- Pipe a dab of frosting on the back of each candy eyeball and stick two onto the front of each poo.
- Use royal icing to pipe a little happy face. Do this for the rest of your meringues.
- TaDa! These Poo Emoji Meringue Cookies are the height of sophistication!