Poop Emoji Ice Cream Sandwiches
Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 quarts chocolate ice cream
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Ro’s Swirl cookie cutter
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
- Offset spatula
- Baking sheet wrapped in plastic
- White and black royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #2 tips
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts.
- On low speed, combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Divide dough into 2 discs and then wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Roll dough out to ¼ inch thick and then cut out 20 swirls.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating cookies half way through.
- Remove cookies from oven. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- Use an offset spatula to spread ice cream into a baking sheet wrapped in plastic wrap. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
Time to decorate!
- With white royal icing and a #2 tip, pipe eyes and a mouth onto half of the cookies (PICTURE at 3:59). Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- Use black royal icing and a #2 tip to pipe pupils onto the eyes (PICTURE at 4:06).
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and then use the swirl cutter to cut out 6 poop shapes.
- Place each poop shaped ice cream on top of a blank cookie and then top each sandwich with a decorated cookie.
- TaDa! These Poop Emoji Ice Cream Sandwiches are a pootiful summer snack!