Peanut Butter Pug Cupcakes
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- Tan buttercream frosting in a decorating bag fitted with a #2A tip
- Fondant: black, pink, white
- Fondant rolling pin
- Fondant cutting blade/pick tool
- Cookie cutters: small teardrop, small/extra small squares, small/extra small ovals,
- #5 and #12 tip
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Cupcake tray
- Brown cupcake liners
- Ice cream scoop
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butters, sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, and then mix in vanilla.
- Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with flour. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Scoop batter into lined cupcake tray about ⅔ full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to fully cool before decorating.
Time to decorate!
- Use cookie cutters to create fondant decorations: black and white eyes, black ears, black muzzle, and a pink tongue.
- Pipe flat swirls of tan frosting starting from the outside of the cupcake working inward.
- Arrange fondant pieces on frosted cupcakes to look like a Pug face (PICTURE at 6:29).
- TaDa! These Pug Cupcakes will have you barking for more!