Things you'll needPizza Dough
- 1 cup flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 5 String cheese sticks
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon basil (sliced finely)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped finely)
- ¼ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Pastry brush
Let's get started!
Prepare the dough
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Fleischmann's® yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add the warm water and corn oil and mix together until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 3 minutes. The dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
Pull-apart Tree Pizza
- Cut the mozzarella sticks into 1” pieces and set it aside.
- On a floured surface, form the dough into a soft ball and divide into two.
- Roll the dough into a long rectangle and cut into 2” squares. You will need 22 total.
- Take a piece of mozzarella cheese and wrap it with the cut dough. Form it into a ball and place it seam side down on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese pieces to form a tree shape.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Use the pastry brush to cover the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic powder and rosemary until well combined.
- While warm, brush the topping generously on top of the pizza balls.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, basil and parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Written By Rosanna Pansino