Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup toasted almond flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Small star cookies cutter
- 2-inch round scalloped cookie cutter
Let's get started!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, allspice, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, using the hand mixer, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla to the butter mixture, mix until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to be 1/8-inch thick.
- Use the 2-inch cookie cutter to cut out as many cookies as you can and place them on the baking sheet.
- Use the small star cookie cutter to cut out a star from the center of half the cookies.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, then let them cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Dust the star cut out cookie with powdered sugar.
- Place a teaspoon of raspberry am on the base cookie, and place a star cut out cookie on top. Repeat for the rest of the cookies.
Written By Rosanna Pansino