Ready Player One Key Cookies
Things you'll needIngredients
- 6 tablespoons ground captain crunch cereal
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon butter emulsion
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Rolling pin
- Key cookie cutter
- Copper, jade, and white royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #2 tips
- Copper, green and white luster dust
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground cereal, corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and extracts.
- Add half the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Wrap dough into a disk and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out dough to ¼ inch thick and use your key cookie cutter to cut out keys. Place cookies on baking sheet and chill for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Time to Decorate!
- Outline each cookie in a different color of royal icing and then let them dry for a few minutes.
- Fill in each cookie with the same color as its outline. Let the icing dry completely.
- Lightly brush each key with the its matching luster dust color.
- TaDa! Get ready to unlock your hunger with these Ready Player One Key cookies!