Things you'll needIngredients for the cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cup All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs1 cup Sour cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 Pink silicone cupcake liners
- Pink buttercream frosting
- Sprinkles: purple, yellow and teal
- Fondant: pink and lavender
- Small paint brush
- Small teardrop cookie cutter
- Fondant rolling pin
- Piping tip #6, #829
- Piping bags
- 12-muffin pan
Let's get started!
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Line the muffin pan with the silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda , baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium large, mix together the eggs, water and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the oil and sour cream and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Scoop the batter into the liners and fill it 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Roll out the pink fondant on a flat surface and using the teardrop cookie cutter, cut out some petals. Each flower needs 6 petals.
- Roll out the lavender fondant and take your #6 piping tip, use the bigger end to cut out small circles.
- Take 6 petals and layer it on top of one another forming a flower.
- Use the small paintbrush and dab a bit of water in the middle to glue the lavender circles on top of the petals.
- Take a small bowl and flip it upside down. Place the fondant flower and set it on top of the bowl facing down as well. Let the fondant sit until it retains its shape when flipped back.
- Scoop the pink buttercream frosting in a piping bag fitted with a #829 tip and frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkles the sprinkles on top and add the flower in the middle.
Written By Rosanna Pansino