August 16, 2016
Shopkins Cupcake Queen Cake
Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large apples (peeled, cored and shredded)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Yellow & blue buttercream frosting in decorating bags
- Brown buttercream frosting in decorating bag fitted with #2 tip
- Oblong fruit flavored candies (Mike and Ikes)
- Multi-colored mini gum balls
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Jumbo cupcake cake pan
- Baking spray
- Cake turntable
- Offset spatula
- Fondant rolling pin
- Small round cutters
- Lollipop stick
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and then fold in shredded apple.
- Pour the batter into a pan and bake for 65 to 75 minutes. Once baked, cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan before placing it on a rack to cool completely.
- Spread yellow buttercream frosting on the base cake and then smooth (PICTURE at 9:22). Place the cupcake top on the base and then cover in blue frosting.
- Pipe a wave of blue frosting along the seam where the two cakes join (PICTURE at 9:48).
Time to decorate!
- Cut out black, white and blue fondant circles for the eyes (PICTURE at 5:10).
- Use a paint brush and water to assemble the eyes and then apply them to the cake (PICTURE at 4:57).
- Use fondant to mold decorations and then apply them to the cake (PICTURE at 7:01).
- TaDa! You've created a beautiful Shopkins Cupcake Queen Cake that you can share with friends!