January 03, 2022
Sicilian Sheet Pizza
Things you'll needDough
- 3 packets Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise® Instant Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (120°F-130°F)
- 2 tablespoons corn oil, plus some for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup mozzarella pearls
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced for garnish
Make the Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yeast, sugar, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, add the water and 2 tablespoons of corn oil. Heat until very warm, about 120°F-130°F.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Dough should be soft but not too sticky.
- Cover with a clean cloth or place the dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Make the Pizza
- Move the metal tray at the lowest rack and preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly grease the baking sheet with corn oil.
- Roll out the dough roughly to the size of the baking sheet.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and use your fingers to push the dough to the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic powder and salt.
- Cover the entire dough with the garlic butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- Spread the marinara sauce on top using a spoon or a spatula.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese evenly on top.
- Top with pepperoni slices and mozzarella pearls.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Thinly slice the fresh basil and garnish on top.
Written By Rosanna Pansino