Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup eggnog, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Royal icing: white, red, orange, and black
- Small snowman cookie cutter
- Small snowflake cookie cutter
- Small gingerbread house cookie cutter
- Piping bags
- Pining tip: #1 round
Let's get started!
- In a medium bow, whisk together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and rum extract to the butter mixture, mix to combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture, mix until combined.
- Add all of the eggnog, mix until combined.
- Add the other half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to be 1/8" thick, then put into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using the small cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Use a sharp cutting knife, but out a small notch at the bottom of the cookie for sitting on the edge of the mug.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool completely.
Time to Decorate!
- Using the white royal icing, decorate the tiny gingerbread house, snowflake and the base of the snowman.
- Using the black, red and orange royal icing, decorate the snowman with eyes, mouth, buttons and a carrot nose.
- Let the cookies harden completely at room temperature for 1 hour.
Written By Rosanna Pansino