Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Seeds of 1/2 a vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pecans, and salt.
- In a large bowl using the hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla seeds and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, mix until completely combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball, and place on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes.
Time to Decorate!
- While cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes, and then roll them in powdered sugar again.
Written By Rosanna Pansino