Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pack pistachio pudding mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tub whipped vanilla extract
- dark candy melts
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 egg whites
- 3 8" round cake pans
- #2 piping tip
- #3 piping tip
- piping bags
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line and grease the 8" baking pans.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gelatin powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg whites, vanilla extract and milk and mix together until well combined.
- Alternate adding the wet ingredients and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake for 30 minutes and let it chill completely.
- Place the candy melts in a piping bag fitted with a #3 tip. On a piece of wax paper, pipe squiggly lines. Let it set completely.
- Stack the cakes by adding a thin layer of frosting in between each layer. Cover it completely and smooth with an offset spatula.
Time to decorate!
- Place the chocolate squiggles all over the cake.
- Tint some frosting red and place it in a piping bag fitted with a #2 piping tip. Pipe the "U" shapes on top of the cake.
Written By Rosanna Pansino