August 23, 2016
Steven Universe Cookie Cat Ice Cream Sandwich
Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 4 quarts strawberry ice cream
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic food wrap
- Rolling pin
- Cat cookie cutter
- Oval cookie cutter
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Offset spatula
- Acetate strips
- Baking sheet covered in plastic wrap
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and then mix in vanilla and almond extracts. Mix in flour on a low speed.
- Shape dough into 2 discs about an inch thick and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Roll out dough to ¼ an inch thick. Cut out cat heads and place them on a lined cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Use a small oval cutter to cut eyes out of half of the cookies. Bake for 16 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Cool for 2 minutes the cookie sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- Spread strawberry ice cream along a baking sheet to cover 1/4 of the sheet. Use a strip of acetate to hold it in place (PICTURE at 6:54).
- Repeat with vanilla ice cream and then continue to alternate the two flavors until there are four layers.
- Remove acetate sheets and freeze for a few hours.
- Cut cat shapes out of the ice cream strips so that one eye is strawberry and the other is vanilla (PICTURE at 8:43).
- Place the ice cream on a cooled cookie and then top it with a cookie that has eye holes.
- Tada! This delicious Steven Universe Cookie Cat Ice Cream is ready for a hot summer day!