Sunflower Chocolate Mousse Bites
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup yellow Candy Melts
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Piping bag
- Pining top #809
- Stand mixer
- Medium saucepan
- Mini cupcake liners
- Small paintbrush
Let's get started!
- In a medium saucepan, heat half of the heavy cream (1/2 cup) until just scalding.
- In a large bowl, add chocolate and vanilla. Pour the cream over the chocolate and vanilla. Let sit a few minutes to melt, then whisk until smooth.
- Pour in the other 1/2 heavy cream into the chocolate mixture, whisk until combined. Add the powdered sugar, whisk until smooth. Chill mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the yellow Candy Melts in the microwave. Pour chocolate into a piping bag. Pipe about a teaspoon of chocolate into mini cupcake liners. Use a paint brush to brush candy up the sides of the liner. Let harden, then carefully peel paper liner from the chocolate.
- Using a stand mixer, whip the chilled chocolate cream mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the chocolate mousse into a piping bag fitted with a #809 piping tip. Pipe about a tablespoon of mousse into each sunflower cup.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate sprinkles.
Written By Rosanna Pansino