May 19, 2015
Super Mario Bob-omb Truffles
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 brownie mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Black candy melts
- Gardettos (small pretzels)
- Yellow M&Ms
- Blue Mini M&Ms
- Rainbow Licorice Rope
- White Frosting
- Stand mixer
- Candy melt melting pot
- Styrofoam block
Let's get started!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, flour and sugar.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix until thick.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the mixture in 1" balls.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Melt the black candy melts. Take a toothpick to poke the balls then dip it in the candy melts. Tap gently to remove the excess.
- Let it set on the styrofoam block.
Time to decorate!
- Hold the cake balls upside down, use a toothpick to apply a bit of melted candy melt to the bottom of the ball and attach two yellow M&m's for the feet. Let it set.
- Attach the Gardettos at the back of the cake ball with a bit of candy melt and let it set.
- Remove the white portion of the rainbow licorice and cut about 1/2" strips. Attach to the top of a blue mini M&m.
- Carefully remove the toothpick by lightly twisting it while pulling up.
- Stick the mini blue M&m on top of the hole to cover it up.
- Place the white icing in a piping bag fitted with a #2 piping tip. Draw two vertical lines for the eyes.
Written By Rosanna Pansino