Things you'll needIngredients
- 16 Ounces Rootbeer
- 1 Bag Black Soft Licorice
- 1 Container Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- Zoku Popsicle maker
- Zoku Character Kit
- Rolling pin
Let's get started!
- In a medium bowl, pour the rootbeer and let it sit until all the carbonation disappears.
- In a large bowl, pour the rootbeer and add scoops of vanilla ice cream and well until the desired color is achieved.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl with a pour spout. Place it in the fridge and continue to make Goomba faces.
- Take the black licorice and use the rolling pin to flatten it. Using the small round cookie cutter, cut 6 circles for the eyeballs.
- Cut 6 thin strips of licorice for the eyebrows.
- Use a large knife to cut thin slices of apples. Use the triangle cookie cutter and cut 6 triangles for the cheeks.
- For the eyeballs, use an oval cookie cutter to cut ovals from the apple slices. Cut the top part at a diagonal angle using the knife.
- Use the small cookie cutter to cut out small circles from the oval shapes.
- Using the rubber popsicles that came with the kit, assemble the face parts and use a little bit of water to let it stick.
- Insert the rubber popsicle in the mold and once it is in, lightly press it to the top.
- Pour the rootbeer and icecream mixture into the cavities. Freeze until firm.
Written By Rosanna Pansino