Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 tub whipped frosting
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- Food Coloring Set
- Bag of Jelly Beans
- Yellow Fondant
- Sugar Pearls
- Black Decorative Icing
- Blue Decorative Icing
- #1 Decorating Tip
- Piping bags
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
Let's get started!
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liner. Place the white frosting in a piping bag fitted with a #1 piping tip.
- Pipe a thin line across the bottom of the cupcake liners. Pipe another thicker line over the thin line forming an X shape.
- Place the liners in the freezer for about 30 minutes to set.
- Prepare the Red Velvet box mix according to the box instructions and fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes then let it cool completely.
Time to decorate!
- For Kirby: Tint the frosting an ivory and pink color. Microwave for about 5 seconds until smooth but not melted.
- Dip one cupcake in the pink frosting and another in the ivory frosting, gently tap to remove the excess.
- For the feet, take two red jelly beans and place it on the bottom.
- For the hands, take two pink jelly beans and place it on the left and right side.
- Using the black decorative icing, pipe two oblongs and the mouth. Add two white dots inside the oblongs and blue frosting for the bottom of the eyes.
- For Princess Peach: tint the frosting yellow and outline her hair.
- Make her crown by using the yellow fondant and adding sugar pearls for detail.
- Add two green jelly beans for her earrings and draw her eyes using the white, black and blue frosting. Use red icing for her lips.
Written By Rosanna Pansino