Teen Wolf Cake
Things you'll need
- 5 ounces butter, unsalted
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- White fondant
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Large liquid measuring cup
- Rubber spatula
- Hand mixer
- Offset spatula
- Cake board
- Fondant rolling pin
- Large round cookie cutter
- Cutting matt & knife
- Pastry wheel
- Wax Paper
- Wolf template
- 4 teaspoons red gel color
- 1 ¼ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Eye dropper
- Small sauce pot
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk and sour cream until smooth.
- Use a hand mixer to cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Mix in extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and the dairy mixture to the wet ingredients. Start with 1/3 of the dry, and half of the dairy. Do this until all ingredients are combined and then mix well.
- Fold in the color and then pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once the cakes have cooled , level them and then stack the larger ones together with buttercream frosting in between. Do the same for the smaller cakes.
- Spread a thin crumb coat of frosting over each stack of cakes.
- In a small sauce pot, whisk all the ingredients for raspberry blood and bring to a boil over medium low heat.
Time to decorate!
- Use a fondant rolling pin to roll out a large piece of white fondant to about 1/3 inch thick. Cover each cake stack with fondant, cutting away any excess (PICTURE at 5:04). Stack the smaller cake on top of the larger one.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 4 slashes on the side of the cake. Rough up the slashes using a small fondant tool (Picture at 5:33). Use an eye dropper to carefully drizzle the raspberry blood inside of each slash.
- With the wolf template, use black fondant to cut out a wolf shape. Use a large cookie cutter to cut out a moon in gray fondant. Press various sized measuring spoons into the moon to give it some depth (PICTURE at 6:50).
- Arrange the moon and the wolf on top of the cake.
- TaDa! This Teen Wolf Cake is the perfect recipe for a slashing good time!