Things you'll needChocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
Let's get started!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time and continue mixing until well combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- Using the spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop three tablespoons of dough and roll into tall balls. Place onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until barely starting to turn golden brown, about 11-13 minutes. Cookies may look undone but will settle and flatten as they cool.
Written By Rosanna Pansino