Add some magic to your baking game with these Unicorn Emoji Cookies! Lilly Singh joins Rosanna Pansino on Nerdy Nummies to make these fantastically colorful cookies!
Yields 2 dozen cookies
Things you'll need
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Unicorn cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Hand mixer
- Plastic wrap
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 10 royal icing colors in decorating bags fitted with #2 tip: white, dark purple, light purple, light pink, dark pink, blue, emerald green, lime green, yellow, black.
Let's get started!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar in a until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing and scraping in between each. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix in the dry ingredients on a low speed.
- Shape dough into 2 disks and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
Time to decorate!
- Outline the cookies with white icing. Once the outline has hardened, fill in the center of the cookies. Allow it to fully harden, about 1 hour.
- Use dark purple icing pipe the border, nose, horn, and mane (PICTURE at 6:23). Fill in the nose with the same purple icing. Fill in the mane with light purple icing.
- Pipe pink icing for the ears and black for the eye and nostril. Pipe a white dot on the eye (PICTURE at 7:17).
- For the rainbow horn, pipe a line for each color: pink, purple, blue green, light green, and yellow.
- TaDa! Unicorn Emoji Cookies! This mystical creature really comes to life in cookie form!
Unicorn Emoji Cookies