Things you'll needIngredients
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- Royal icing: black and white
- Small round red candy, Red Hots
- Piping bags
- Piping tips: 2 round #2
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixer
- Paddle attachment
- Rolling pin
- Half sheet pan
Let's get started!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In the stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the egg and molasses.
- On a low speed, mix in half of the flour mixture, mix to combine, the add the other half and mix to combine.
- Separate dough into two disks, wrap with plastic wrap and let chill for 3 hours.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface using a rolling pin, until it's 1/4" thick. Then cut out shapes with cookie cutter and place on parchment lined sheet tray. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake cookies at 350F for about 10 minutes.
Time to Decorate!
- While the cookies are still warm, press 3 red circle candies on the chest of the gingerbread men.
- Once the cookies have cooled, use the black royal icing to pipe the eyes and mouth, and the white royal icing to pipe the vampire fangs.
Written By Rosanna Pansino