November 04, 2014
Video Game High School Cupcakes
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 Blue velvet cake mix
- 1 Yellow cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup water
- Buttercream frosting
- Cookie icing: dark blue, light blue, yellow
- Sprinkles: blue and yellow
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tin
- Hand mixer
Let's get started!
For the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Prepare the blue velvet box mixture according to the box instructions.
- Prepare the yellow cake mix according to the box instructions.
- Using the blue velvet and yellow batter, fill the liner 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Make the decorations
- Tint the cookie icing dark blue, light blue and yellow.
- Scoop it in a decorating bag fitted with #1 tips.
- Place the templates on two baking sheets.
- Place a piece of wax paper on top and tape the sides.
- Trace the decorations and let it dry at room temperature for 4 hours or until it hardens.
Time to decorate!
- Tint the buttercream frosting blue and yellow.
- Scoop it in a decorating bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe some frosting on the cupcakes then dip it in the sprinkles.
- Place the decorations on top.
Written By Rosanna Pansino