June 07, 2016
Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic food wrap
- Rolling pin
- 3-inch round cookie cutter
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Red, yellow royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #2 tips
- Black, blue royal icing in decorating bags fitted with #3 tips
- #1 tip
- Wax paper
- Horde and Allliance templates
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing and scraping in between each one. Add vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Wrap the dough into two discs and chill to set for about 2 hours.
- Roll dough out to ¼-inch thick and cut out 3-inch circles. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Tape wax paper on top of the Horde template. Use red icing with a #1 tip to pipe the outline and then fill it in (PICTURE at 3:48). Repeat the process with the Alliance template, using yellow icing.
- Allow these designs to fully dry at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours.
- Ice half of the cookies blue and half black and then let them dry for 10 to 20minutes.
- Use a knife to carefully remove hardened Horde and Alliance from wax paper (PICTURE at 5:43). Place the yellow design on the blue cookies and the red design on the black.
- Pipe in the yellow nose of the lion on the Alliance logo with a #1 tip (PICTURE at 6:16).
- TaDa! These Warcraft Cookies are dueling with flavor!