Things you'll needIngredients
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- Sanding sugar: white and brown
- Black jelly beans
- Candy melts: black, white and brown
- #809 Piping tip
Let's get started!
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in each addition. Add the vanilla extract
- Add the honey.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Fill the cupcake liners with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a #809 tip. Frost all the cupcakes.
- Press 2/3 of the cupcakes in white sanding sugar and the rest in brown sanding sugar.
- For the Pandas, take four black candy melts and use two for the eyes and two for the ears. Place a jelly bean in the middle for the nose.
- For the Polar Bears, take two white candy melts and stick it on top for the ears. Place a jelly bean in the middle for the nose.
- For the Grizzly Bears, take two brown candy melts and stick it on top for the ears. Place a jelly bean in the middle for the nose.
- Use the black buttercream frosting to pipe the eyes and the mouth.
Written By Rosanna Pansino