Things you'll needIngredients
- 3 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup plus 1/3 cup wine of your choice (red, white or rose)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¾ teaspoon citric acid
- Squeeze bottle or dropper
- Gummy bear molds (Ro Baking Line by Wilton)
Let's get started!
- In a small bowl, mix together the gelatin and ¼ cup of the wine. Set aside to bloom until grainy and firm, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar, corn syrup, and remaining 1/3 cup wine and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the gelatin mixture and citric acid until completely dissolved.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl.
- Using a dropper, carefully fill each mold cavity.
- Refrigerate until set, 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Once the gummy bears are completely set, pop them out of the molds and place them on the baking sheet. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours to form a skin.
Written By Rosanna Pansino