cupcake · devil's foodcake · Halloween treats · homemade cupcake · recipe · ro · rosanna pansino · witch's hat cupcakes ·
Witch's Hat Cupcakes
Things you'll needIngredients
- 1/2 cup + 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Americna buttercream
- Food color gel: orange, green, purple
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, Oreos
- 12 chocolate drops, Hershey's Kisses
- Black cupcake liners
- Piping tips: three #825 stars
Let's get started!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, dark cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and sugar until combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract, whisk until combined.
- Add the warm milk, whisk until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture, do not overmix.
- Add the hot water, mix until smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Time to Decorate!
- Split the buttercream into 3 bowls, tint them purple, orange and green. Scoop each of them into a piping bag fitted with a #825 tip.
- Witch Hats: Scrape filling out of the Oreos.
- Pipe a small amount of buttercream on top of an Oreo and press a Hershey's kiss on top.
- Using the piping bags with the tips, pipe a rosette on the top of each cupcake.
- Place the witch hat on top.
Written By Rosanna Pansino